Thursday, March 6, 2008

I was TAGGED!!

5 things people may not know about me.

1. I went to 13 different schools. 3 were kindergarten, I started school in Chicago, we moved to East Chicago briefly with Grandpa and Grandma Criswell where I had the same Kindergarten teacher as my mom! When we moved to Gary, I finished Kindergarten and started 1st grade. I went to 3 different High Schools, Mesa High, Globe High, and graduated from Westwood High.

2.I like to paint walls, IF I can do it at my own pace---slowly. Making my own stencils is most enjoyable.

3. I daydream alot, especially when reading the Victoria Magazine. I'm so glad it is being published again. I have years of back issues I just cannot part with.

4. I would love to visit New York City, which may surprise some because I am basically a country girl at heart. First I would visit the Watchtower Tract and Bible Society in Brooklyn. Then I would head over to Arthur Ave in the Bronx Little Italy. I understand the whole street is filled with Italian Food Deli, markets and Resturants. I can taste it right now in my imagination and the streets filled with Italians how interesting! I would like to visit an Italian speaking congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. Then, I would look for that "Cash Cab" and take a ride in it for at least 40 blocks. (It's a game show in this guys cab, have you seen it? It's on the discovery channel) And I would definitely want to see the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and the Empire State Building.

5. I do not do well in cloudy or overcast weather. It makes me very depressed and sad. I LOVE bright sunshiny days.

8 comments:

sandyseashells said...

Those are all new things I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU! Cash cab? Greg & I watch cash cab every night while I'm making dinner. We see who can answer the quickest- I usually do-Hee-hee. Saving magazines?? A Criswell trait. Italian food- you can't go wrong.

Pedaling said...

i would love to go to NY city with you- it's one of my all time places to go. maybe we should make it a girls trip.
also, i can help you delete the above comment- i think he's trying to make you feel bad. i seriously hate comments such as this- he didn't even have the nerve to post his name -coward.
though, i am not a YW-i respect these people, know them to be good & upstanding people.
people are people and sometimes they do wrong in all religions - why others must attack those religions or organizations that are only trying to live lives based on the teachings of the bible and to follow the Savior, i truly will never understand.
You have been a wonderful example in living your religion and the things you believe and i respect that. you have a wonderful family that you have taught well.
Knowing you and the lives you two have lived is a light among alot of trash in this world!
he can go post his findings on his own blog and stay away from ruining someones day by being so unkind.

Meanwhile we'll plan our little Jehovah Witness tour together of NY!

"We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.
ariticl of faith # 11

Pedaling said...

oh, maybe i am a YW i think what i meant was that i am not a JW-ooopps-i hate it when i do that-

Anonymous said...

I love sunny days too!
We've had a lot of gloomy ones over here in UT.
That little Italy place sounds really interesting!

Lulu said...

It would be nice for you & Sheila to go to NYC. Good luck.

Jen said...

I like sunny days the best too! Dan lived in Boston for 2 years and says the bread on the east coast just "tastes better" so I am guessing Patries and desserts from NYC would be great!

Lulu said...

While you are still young, PLAN TO GO.

Lulu said...

13 different schools !!!!
HOW MANY DIFFERENT HOUSES???